Barclays PLC is a British multinational investment bank and financial services company that issues Barclaycard credit cards. It offers corporate banking, personal banking, wealth management, and investment management.
You need to activate your Barclaycard first in order to take advantage of its benefits. Here is how to activate Barclaycard.
This is the right place for you. Here you will learn about the Barclay credit card activation process and other relevant information. It will be helpful to everyone who is searching for it. So let’s begin!
Requirements to Activate Barclaycard
Here are some basic requirements for activating your Barclaycard.
- Use a smartphone or computer.
- An internet connection is required.
- Provide the card number, expiration date, and passport number.
- Personal information, such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Activation link for Barclaycard.
- The phone number for Barclaycard activation.
You can activate your Barclaycard if you meet all these requirements.
How do I Activate my Barclay Credit Card?
You can activate your Barclay credit card in 3 different ways:
- Barclay credit card activation by phone.
- Barclay credit card activation online.
- Barclay credit card activation at ATM.
If you want to activate your Barclay credit card, you can do so by choosing one of several methods.
Related Post: Barclays Jetblue Mastercard Activation
Activate Barclay Credit Card Online:
You can activate your Barclaycard online by following the steps below:
- Click on the activation link given here at www.barclaycardus.com to start the process.
- Click on “Set up online Access” at the squared button if you are a brand new customer. Once you click there, you reach another window.
- Please enter your card number, date of birth, and social security number, last 4 digits in the field provided.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- Enter your phone number to receive the security code.
- Press “Authenticate” after entering the security code sent to your phone.
- Once you have done that, tap on “Continue.”
- Your card will be automatically activated by clicking on the “Continue” button and completing all the processes successfully.
Barclaycard Activation Over the Phone:
Call the Barclaycard activation number if you want to activate your Barclaycard at the earliest possible moment. You must contact them with the registered number you gave them when applying for the card.
If you would like to activate Barclaycard via the phone number, please follow the steps below:
- First, you will need to dial the Barclaycard credit card activation phone number (00 24 7684 2100).
- When you have connected, choose the option “Activate Barclaycard.”
- Then you will be asked to enter the details of your credit card and personal information to verify your identity.
- As soon as you have done that, carefully read their terms and conditions, and you will be able to move forward with them.
- You will need to follow the instructions to finish your card activation.
After you have completed everything, you will receive a notification on your phone that your Barclaycard has been activated successfully.
Barclay Card Activation at ATM
- First, you need to visit the nearby Barclay ATM.
- You will have to insert your Barclay Credit Card and select the “Card Activation Option” in the next step.
- Please enter your Barclay Credit Card number carefully.
- Follow the instructions carefully and complete the Barclay Card Activation Process.
- Set your PIN and activate your card when you have completed the process.
Barclay Credit Card Generate PIN | Change Barclaycard PIN Number
Occasionally, users may have trouble changing their PIN. Here, you can change the PIN of your Barclaycard Credit Card using the web portal or an ATM.
Change PIN Online:
- Visit the Barclay Credit Card website and click on ‘Credit Card.’
- An OTP will be sent to you on your registered ID. Enter the OTP twice, and the bank will activate it for you.
Change PIN at ATM:
- Please use the nearest ATM location. You will need to insert your Barclay Card and enter your existing PIN code.
- Click on the “Change PIN” link on the ATM display screen, enter the OTP sent to you, and click on the “Submit” button.
In conclusion, Barclay Credit Card is a secured card that offers a range of benefits, including a 0% APR for 15 months, no annual fee, and a cashback bonus on your first purchase. Barclay also has a range of features to help you manage your spending, such as a free virtual assistant to help you with budgeting, a free mobile app to help you stay on top of your spending, and a rewards portal where you can earn up to 5% cash back on every purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my credit card is active?
A simple way to find out whether your credit card is still active is to call the issuer and ask. Call the number on the back of your card to find out the status of your account. If it’s inactive, customer service can reactivate it.
How long does it take to activate a credit card?
You have 45 to 60 days to activate a new credit card in many cases. Your lender may contact you if you do not activate your card during the activation period, but it is not guaranteed.
What happens if I don’t activate my new card?
What will happen if you don’t activate a credit card within a certain period of time? Your account is considered open as soon as approved for the card. Your account will still be open if you don’t activate your card, but you won’t be able to use it.