Some people find the Bluebird com card activation process a bit confusing. However, everything is much simpler than it seems. In this post, I will cover the activation process and more.
So you’ve finally got your hands on the new Amex Walmart Bluebird card. However, before you start using it, you will need a Bluebird com activation card.
Fortunately, it is not complicated and not lengthy. You can complete it in minutes.
Read the detailed guide about activating your card on Bluebird and how to use your new Bluebird card.
How to Open A Bluebird Account
Before we get into the activation process details, you must find out which services your card activates. The services available depend on how you received the card.
You could get the card only in one of three ways:
#1 The Setup Kit
One of the most common ways to get your Bluebird card is to purchase the Walmart Bluebird account setup kit. It’s priced at $ 5 and can be found in every Walmart store.
You can spend $ 5 on purchases; however, the card becomes practically useless when the balance on balance runs out.
Funds cannot be added to a temporary card, and if you need a card that you can fund your account with, you will need to open an account and get a permanent card.
#2 The Website
Many people don’t know that they can get a Bluebird card by visiting Bluebird.com and registering.
Here’s what you need to do to get a permanent Bluebird card:
- Go to Bluebird.com.
- Find the “Open an Account” button at the top and click on it.
- Enter the information requested by the website. You will need to enter your name, email address, home address, phone number, and birth date.
- You will also need to enter your social security number. You don’t need to worry about your credit rating when registering – the company does not perform a credit check when issuing cards.
- After you enter your details, you must set up a username and password, an ATM PIN, and a security question.
You will receive your Bluebird card by mail about a week after registration. If you do not receive your card within two weeks, be sure to call Bluebird at 1- (877) -486-5990 and report your problem.
#3 The Mobile App
You can also open your Bluebird account using the Bluebird Mobile app. The app is free, and you can download it from the appropriate app store, depending on your device. After starting the application:
- Click on the Register Now link at the bottom of the login section.
- On the next screen, you have to indicate if you have a temporary Bluebird card or not. If you do not have a card, click “No.”
- The app will then prompt you to enter all the same details as on the website. Enter and submit them.
Your Bluebird account will be created. You will receive your card within ten business days.
Please note that no matter how you create an account, the company will not ship your card to P.O. Boxes. Vermont residents and those residing in the FPO and APO zones will also not receive cards.
How to Activate Your Card On Bluebird.com
If you usually create an account on a website or app, a Bluebird com activation card is not required.
However, if you would like to register your temporary card and receive a custom Bluebird card mailed to you, you will need to use one of two methods below:
Using the Website
To activate the Bluebird com card on the website:
- Go to Bluebird.com.
- Find the link “Register your card” at the top and click on it.
- When asked if you have a temporary Bluebird card, answer “Yes.”
- You will then need to enter your details, including your social security number.
- Make sure you have a temporary card, as you need to enter your 15-digit card number to proceed.
- Set your username and password, and create a PIN for the ATM.
- Ask and answer a security question so you can recover your account if you forget it.
That’s it, and your card will be registered. You will receive your permanent card by mail within ten business days.
Using the App
After installing and running the application:
- Click on the “Register Now” link at the bottom of the login section.
- When prompted, if you have a temporary Bluebird card, click Yes.
- Enter all the data that the application asks for, as well as the 15-digit temporary card number.
It is important to note that you will need to verify your email address with the company before registering.
Why Getting The Permanent Bluebird Card Makes Sense
When the temporary card runs out of $ 5, you will not be able to add money to it or use the card. However, once you have your Bluebird com activation card, you can add up to $ 500 to it.
When you get your hands on your permanent card in about a week, you can add up to $ 1999 and spend it however you like.
The permanent card also allows you to make early direct deposits, access your ATM funds, pay bills online, and top up your account free at any Walmart store.
How to Add Money to Bluebird Card
- At Walmart: You can pay the amount you want to top up at any Walmart register, and it will be transferred to your card for free. While you can also load money to the card from some other retail stores, you will need to pay a transaction fee.
- Debit Card Transfer: You can link your bank account to your Bluebird card and top up freely.
I’ve included all of the specifics on How to Activate the Bluebird Card in this section. Examine the many Bluebird Card Activation Methods. If you follow the steps and finish the procedure, your card will be activated.
Related Article: How to Easily Activate Your Walmart MoneyCard