If you’re looking for information on how to check a Global cash card balance, you’ve come to the right blog post.
The Global cash card may be used for financial transactions, including accessing the worldwide ATM network, transferring money to relatives.
A worldwide cash card offers cardholders several advantages to reduce the need to carry cash around all the time. Withdraw cash from ATMs in the United States and Canada, no monthly maintenance charge, free money back on purchases, and no need to stand in line to cash a check.
There are several ways to check your Global cash card’s balance, including online, two-way texting, and so on. It is up to you to figure out how to check your card balance. So, let’s get started!
Global Cash Card Login Guide:
If you prefer checking your balance online, here’s how:
- Go to cardholder.globalcashcard.com and log in with the user name and password you set up when you got your card. You can also click on the ‘Transaction History‘ link at the top of the page to check your balance there as well. Make sure that you are on the correct website, as several fraudulent websites have similar addresses.
- Once you have logged in, you will see your account information, including your current balance and transactions.
- You can also set up account alerts to be notified when your balance falls below a certain level that you choose.
Two–way Texting Guide:
Another way to check your Global cash card balance is by two-way texting.
- Simply text ‘BALANCE‘ to the phone number printed on the back of your card.
- You will receive a text message with your current card balance.
- You can also text ‘HELP‘ to the number printed on the back of your card. Please get in touch with us at any time if you require additional information.
Card Alerts And Automatic Notification:
You may also set up automatic notifications to be sent to you via e-mail or text message when your balance falls below a certain threshold.
- To set up alerts, log in to your account at cardholder.globalcashcard.com.
- Click on the ‘Alerts‘ tab and click on the ‘Create New Alert‘ button.
- You will then set up the type of alert you want, the balance threshold, and the delivery method.
- You can also choose to receive alerts for transactions over a certain amount or for spending in specific categories.
- Once you have set up your alerts, you will be notified when your card balance falls below your chosen level.
- You can also select to have your balance sent to you via text message by checking the box next to the ‘Text Message‘ option on the Alerts page.
- When you set up a new alert, you will receive a message letting you know that it has been successfully added to your account.
- You can always change or cancel your alerts by going to the ‘Alerts‘ tab and clicking on the ‘Manage Alerts‘ link.
Now that you know how to check your Global cash card balance, you can easily keep track of your spending and ensure that you have enough funds available for your next purchase. Be sure to set up account alerts to be notified when your balance falls below a certain level.
If you run into any issues or have any questions, feel free to contact Global Cash Card at (800) 200-9829, and they will be happy to assist you.
So, as you can see, there are several ways to check your Global cash card balance. You can choose the method that is best for you. Be sure to stay on top of your account activity and protect your card information by not sharing it with anyone. Thanks for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What should I do if I forget my login information?
A: If you forget your login information, you can reset your password by clicking on the ‘Forgot Password?’ link on the sign-in page or by calling the Global cash customer service team at 1-855-889-6181.
Q: What should I do if I encounter a problem while using my card online?
A: If you encounter a problem while using your Global cash card online, contact the Global cash customer service team for assistance. You can call the Global cash customer service team at 1-855-889-6181 or send them an e-mail with your issue, and they will help resolve it as quickly as possible.
Q: What should I do if the merchant declines my card?
A: Some reasons a merchant may decline your card include insufficient funds on your Global cash card or incorrect PIN entry. You can try again with the same card, use another form of payment, or contact customer support for help straight away.